- 6 gem squash, halved and seeded
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 150 g Gorgonzola (add Brie and mozzarella, if you like)
- 100 g butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cook the gem squash in salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water, drain and place on a baking tray.
2. Preheat the grill. Tear the thyme off the stems and scatter the leaves over the gem squash. Dot the Gorgonzola (and Brie and mozzarella, if using) and butter onto the gem squash and season to taste.
3. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
Chef's note: These make a perfect veggie dish on their own, but are also delicious with roast chicken. If you braai them, they'll take on a lovely smoky flavour. You can also swap out the blue cheese for Brie or mozzarella, if you prefer, or do a mix of the three.