- 4 free-range eggs
- 4 white or wholewheat bread slices, toasted
- 50 g butter
- Fresh kale or spinach, for serving
- 70 g Woolworths rocket pesto, for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100 g fresh peas and broad beans, blanched, for serving
Heat a saucepan of water over a high heat and, just before it begins to boil, add the eggs. Simmer for 5 minutes, then drain and rinse the eggs in cold water. Peel the eggs and set aside.
Cut the crusts from the toast, spread each slice with butter and cut into soldiers.
To assemble, place a kale or spinach leaf on each plate and top each leaf with a boiled egg, the toast soldiers and drizzle with rocket pesto. Season to taste and sprinkle over the peas and broad beans.
Chef's note: “Boiled eggs are Mother Nature’s answer to a nutritious meal on the go. They’re great for a speedy dinner, especially soft-boiled and served with soldiers for dipping.”