- For the flatbread:
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 cup double-thick plain yoghurt
- salt, to taste
- olive oil, for brushing
- For the bokkom butter:
- 2 bokkom fillets, roughly chopped
- 150 g butter
1. To make the flatbread, combine the flour, yoghurt and salt until a thick dough has formed. Do not overmix. Portion into 4 evenly sized balls, then roll out to a thickness of ½ cm.
2. Brush with olive oil and braai over medium coals until cooked through; about 5 minutes per side.
3. Meanwhile, combine the bokkoms and butter in a cast-iron pan and simmer on the braai until the butter is foamy.
4. Serve the flatbreads with the warm bokkom butter.
Photograph: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom