- 3x 1 kg black bream
- 1 x 50 g sachet green curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (plus 2 t)
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 onions
- 1x 1 kg butternut
- 4 grapefruit
- 1 t sugar
1. Score the fish skin. Mix 11⁄2 T curry paste, 3 T olive oil, 1 t salt, 1⁄2 cup coconut milk and half the lemon juice to form a paste. Rub onto the fish.
2. Braai over medium to hot coals for 6 minutes on each side. Baste with the remaining curry paste. Cook for 6 minutes per side – repeating four times – 24 minutes in total. Use the back of a spoon to check whether the fish is hot all the way through.
3. Score the onions two-thirds of the way towards the root all the way around the onion. Dress in some of the curry paste.
4. Wrap the onions in two layers of foil and roast in the coals for 45 minutes.
5. Lightly score the skin of the butternut all over using a sharp knife. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap in 2 layers of foil and cook in medium coals for 20 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 20 minutes, or until soft.
6. Peel the grapefruit, then juice. Season the flesh and juice with the sugar, remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Dress the fish with this mixture before serving.