- 6 corn cobs
- 4 T butter, melted
- Garlic-and-herb seasoning, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g fine green beans, halved
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- Spring onions, thinly sliced
- Basil leaves, a handful, chopped, to garnish
- For the basil pesto dressing, mix:
- 250 g basil pesto
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Cook the corn in boiling salted water for 7 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, brush with half the butter and season with garlicand- herb seasoning. Braai for 5 minutes until cooked and charred. Cut the corn kernels off the cobs.
Heat the remaining butter in a pan and sauté the garlic. Add the green beans, cook for 3 minutes and season with the garlic-and-herb seasoning.
Mix with the corn and arrange on a platter with the remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle over the basil pesto dressing just before serving.
Read more about Chef Siba's three-course feast on the braai.