- 700 g sweet potatoes
- 2 - 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the wild mushroom sauce:
- 300 g Woolworths exotic mushrooms, torn
- 2 - 3 T olive oil 2–3
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 50 g butter
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups cream
- For the salsa verde, mix:
- 50 g capers, drained and chopped
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T olive oil
- 10 g mint, finely chopped
- 10 g basil, finely chopped
- 10 g parsley, finely chopped
- 4 Woolworths free range rib-eye steaks, braaied and sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake the sweet potatoes until tender and cooked through.
2. Tear each potato apart, drizzle with the olive oil and honey and toss to coat. Drizzle over the red wine vinegar, season and bake again until very caramelised and sticky.
3. To make the mushroom sauce, pan-fry the mushrooms in the olive oil in batches in a very hot pan until golden. Season. Return all the mushrooms to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and add the sherry vinegar. Deglaze the pan for a minute.
4. Add the butter and thyme and fry for a further minute, then add the cream. Simmer for 10 minutes until reduced and silky.
5. Serve the steaks with the mushroom sauce, salsa verde and sweet potatoes.