Our food director, Abigail Donnelly, considers this braaied sweet potato salad one of her favourite family dishes. And it's about to be your family favourite too.
- 8–10 Woolworths Kara sweet potatoes
- 4 Granny smith apple, roughly chopped
- 2 bulbs fennel, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- For the maple-mustard dressing:
- 4 T maple syrup
- 2 Woolworths preserved lemons, finely chopped
- 3 T wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
1. Wrap the potatoes in foil and place over medium coals. Cook for 45 minutes, turning occasionally. Pierce with a knife to see if they’re soft.
2. Cool slightly, then remove the foil and tear onto a platter. Add the apple, fennel and spring onions and drizzle with the dressing. To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a jar and shake.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom and Ellah Maepa