- 1 x 400 g packet Woolworths chicken bangers
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 x 130 g packet Woolworths smoked Cheddar slices
- 6 free-range eggs
- 6 Woolworths hot cross buns, halved and toasted
- 3 T Woolworths jalapeño atchar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 50 g Woolworths hand-cooked sea saltflavoured potato sticks
1. Remove the sausage meat from the casing, then shape into 6 medium-sized patties.
2. Heat 1 T oil in a pan over a high heat, then cook the patties for 2 minutes on each side. Top each patty with a slice of smoked Cheddar and allow to rest for 2 minutes as the cheese melts.
3. In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil and cook the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks still runny. I used a round cookie cutter as a mould when cooking the eggs for perfectly round eggs.
4. To assemble, place the cheesy patties on top of the toasted buns and top with the eggs and atchar. Serve with the potato sticks.
Cook's note: This combo was inspired by the sausage egg McMuffin. I’ve amped up the flavours using two of my favourite ingredients – Woolies’ sliced smoked Cheddar and jalapeño atchar. Use ordinary rolls instead of hot cross buns if you must.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Ivan Masiyazi