- 6 Woolworths spring onion-and-feta pork sausages
- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 small leeks, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 100 g Cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cobs sweetcorn, kernels sliced off
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- flour, for dusting
- 1 T milk
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease or line a 20 x 6 cm pie dish or cast-iron frying pan with greaseproof paper.
Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the sausages until just golden. Do not overcook. Remove from the pan and cut each sausage into four pieces.
Heat the butter and olive oil in the same pan and gently cook the leeks and garlic for 1 minute.
Place the pastry on a lightly floured board. Cut it lengthways into 3 cm-wide strips, then cut each strip into three “legs”, 1 cm wide, leaving a small piece intact at the top. Plait each piece of pastry, then chill for 15 minutes.
Whisk together the eggs, cream and cheese. Add the leeks and corn and season. Pour into the pie dish and stud with the sausages.
Gently place the pastry plaits around the edges and pinch the ends together to seal. Brush with milk. Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture has set. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan.