- 100 g Woolworths deli diced pancetta
- 4 T olive oil
- ½ t smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chillies, chopped
- 200 g baby leeks, chopped
- 1 x 400 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas
- 1 x 500 ml carton Woolworths organic chicken stock
- 1 lemon, quartered, for serving
- Woolworths podded broad beans, for serving
- 1 x 50 g tub Woolworths pecorino Romano shavings
- 1 Woolworths Heat and Eat garlic-filled ciabatta, heated and toasted
1. Pan-fry the pancetta in 1 T olive oil until golden and crispy, then remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, fry the garlic and chillies in 2 T olive oil until crispy. Add the paprika for the last 30 seconds of cooking time. Cook until fragrant but take care not to burn it as it will become bitter. Remove the garlic, chilli and paprika from the pan with the oil and set aside for serving.
3. In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil and soften the baby leeks over a low heat for 3–5 minutes. Add the cannellini beans, chickpeas with their brine and stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
4. To serve, scatter the broad beans over each bowl and top with the garlic-and-chilli oil, pancetta and pecorino. Serve with the ciabatta.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Food Assistant: Claire-ellen Van Rooyen