- 200 g baby leeks
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30 g anchovy fillets
- 50 g capers
- 3 T lemon juice
- 300 g Woolworths broad beans, shelled and blanched
- 100 g pecorino, shaved
- 80 g rocket
- ¼ cup olive oil
1. Poach the leeks in seasoned water or stock for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. Lightly crush the anchovy fillets and capers together using a mortar and pestle. Add the lemon juice.
3. Toss together the leeks, broad beans, anchovy dressing, pecorino, rocket and season to taste. Drizzle with olive oil to serve.
Cook's note: "If you can find endive, use the leaves here instead of rocket.”
Photograph: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom