- 400 g broccoli, steamed and blended
- 8 free-range eggs, beaten
- 150 g goat’s cheese
- anchovies, for topping
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the broccoli in a large tray or a cast-iron ovenproof pan and cover with the egg. The broccoli should take up the most space in the tray so that the frittata is very light and full of veggies.
2. Stud with the goat’s cheese and anchovies and season. Cover with foil for the first 20 minutes to avoid the bake drying out, then remove the foil for the remainder of the cooking time.
Cook’s note: Add roast pumpkin to the frittata if you want a sweeter bake. I also love roasting large mushrooms until crispy, slicing and laying them on top of the frittata before I bake it. The mushrooms stay crispy and are delicious with the anchovies. You can also add a few sundried tomatoes to the broccoli when you blitz it. I cut up my frittata and pop it into the microwave for a minute before leaving the house for an easy on-the-go brekkie.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Ellen Schwerdtfeger