- 800 g Brussels sprouts
- 100 g anchovies
- 3 T wholegrain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 150 g Parmesan, grated
- 100 g walnuts, toasted and crushed
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Steam the Brussels sprouts until quite soft. Cool and smash slightly using the palm of your hand or the back of a spoon.
2. Finely crush the anchovies, then combine with the mustard, olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Toss the Brussels sprouts with the dressing, then top with Parmesan and walnuts. Season to taste and serve cool
or at room temperature. It works, trust us!
Cook's note: My top tip these days: crush the nuts or shave them using a Microplane
to make them go further.