This warming winter salad features leeks, charred beans, olives baby spinach and a flavour-packed anchovy and sherry vinegar dressing. Say goodbye to bland butternut salads!
- 1 butternut, peeled and roughly cubed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 T garlic, crushed
- 10 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 4 leeks, halved crosswise
- 150 g green beans
- 100 g green olives, pitted and smashed
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the butternut on a tray, drizzle with 1 T olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and anchovies and fry for 5 minutes. Add the sherry vinegar and bring to a boil. Add the leeks and reduce the heat, then poach for 5 minutes.
3. While the leeks are poaching, char the green beans in a very hot pan.
4. To serve, transfer the butternut, leeks and beans onto a platter, top with the olives and pour over the dressing.