- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced into petals
- 1 stick celery, with leaves, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 baby leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 300 g baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 1 litre good-quality chicken or vegetable stock, warmed
- a handful, fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 x 250 g pack Woolworths fresh butternut noodles, cooked
- Parmesan, for serving
- For the spinach-and-bacon salad:
- 120 g diced bacon
- 150 g baby spinach, shredded
- a splash red wine vinegar
Sauté the onion, celery and garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat for 8 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
Add the leeks and carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Season to taste and stir through the parsley.
Pour over the cooked noodles and serve with grated Parmesan and the spinach salad on the side.
To make the spinach salad, sauté the bacon in a pan until crispy. Drain off most of the oil and deglaze the pan with the vinegar. Toss through the spinach and serve immediately.