- 2 T olive oil
- 4 leeks, finely chopped
- 250 g diced bacon
- 230 g Tenderstem broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 x 115 g Woolworths smoke- flavoured mussels in canola oil cans, drained
- 400 g orecchiette pasta, cooked al dente
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté until soft. Add the bacon and fry until slightly crispy, then add the broccoli and fry until tender.
2. Toss in the mussels while on the heat making sure they are warmed through.
3. Toss the sauce with the pasta, season and serve with Parmesan.
Cook's note: If you’re feeling flush, add some cream to the sauce to make it more luxurious.
Photograph: Andrea van der Spuy
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom