- For the Cape Malay sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t coriander
- 1 T ginger, grated
- 3 curry leaves
- 50 g Woolworths Indian tikka masala paste
- 1 x 400 g Whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 T tomato paste
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 free-range eggs, hard-boiled
- Toasted flatbread, for serving
To make the Cape Malay sauce, heat the oil in a nonstick pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
Toss the hard-boiled eggs through the sauce and serve with toasted flatbread.