- 500 g cocktail tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced into petals
- 100 g baby leeks, washed and halved
- 2 cups fresh vegetable stock
- 200 g Woolworths exotic tomatoes, halved
- 120 g buffalo mozzarella
- Woolworths microleaf salad, to garnish
Place the tomatoes, onion, leeks and stock into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the broth through a clean dishcloth or muslin cloth.
Divide between 2 bowls and top with the exotic tomatoes, mozzarella and microleaf salad.
Cook's note: This spring broth is the opposite of the thick, creamy tomato soup I love, but the tomatoes, which contain the antioxidant lycopene, and mozzarella make it just as substantial.