- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g Woolworths wood-smoked diced bacon
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 100 g pecorino, grated, plus extra for serving
- 100 g butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 400 g fresh tagliatelle, cooked al dente
- Parma ham, fried until crispy, for serving (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the bacon. Cook over a high heat until slightly crispy. Remove from the heat.
2. Beat the egg yolks and cheese, then season.
3. Stir the butter into the hot bacon and quickly add the hot pasta and 3 T pasta water.
4. Using tongs, mix in the egg mixture until well combined so that the eggs don’t scramble and the sauce is silky smooth. Add more pasta water if the sauce is still too thick; the sauce should just coat the pasta.
5. Serve with extra grated cheese, the Parma ham and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.