- 1 bulb celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 3 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 leaves sage, plus extra for serving
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 heads cauliflower , cut into florets
- 1⁄3 cup crème fraîche, plus extra for serving
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Toss the celeriac in 2 T olive oil, season and roast for 20–25 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown and tender.
Meanwhile, soften the onion in the remaining olive oil for 5 minutes over a low heat until sweet but not brown. Increase the heat slightly and add the garlic and sage. Cook for 1 minute, add the stock and reduce for 10 minutes.
Blend the cauliflower until it reaches the consistency of rice. Fold into the onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the crème fraîche and season.
Fry the extra sage leaves for 10 seconds, or until crisp.
Serve the risotto with the celeriac, crème fraîche, fried sage and black pepper.