- For the soup:
- 700 g Woolworths cauliflower florets
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 x 200 g pack Woolworths baby fennel or leeks, thinly sliced
- 2–3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 sticks Woolworths vegetable stock concentrate
- ¼–½ cup milk
- chorizo, pan fried, for serving (optional)
- For the cheat’s garlic ciabatta Welsh rarebit:
- 8 slices Woolworths garlic butter ciabatta
- 1 x 400 ml sachet Woolworths cheese sauce
1. Preheat the oven’s grill. Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, fry the fennel (or leeks) and garlic in the oil until glossy, vibrant green and fragrant. Add the cauliflower, water and stock and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender. Remove from the heat.
3. To make the cheat’s Welsh rarebit, pan-fry the ciabatta until golden brown and crunchy on both sides. Arrange on a baking tray and spread the cheese sauce onto each slice. If you like, add more grated cheese.
4. Place under the grill for 3–5 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Blend the soup and milk until smooth and season to taste. Serve hot with the Welsh rarebit and pan-fried chorizo.
Cook's note: Pan-frying the garlic butter ciabatta is a quick and easy way to add fast flavour.
Photographs: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistant: Ellen Schwerdtfeger