- 4 cauliflower heads (kept whole)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 T butter
- 3 t cumin seeds
- 1 T medium curry powder 1 T
- 2 t mustard powder
- 1 1/2 t yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cups Woolworths double-thick cream
- 300 g mature Cheddar, grated
- sea salt, to taste
- 80 g breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Blanch the cauliflower in boiling water for 5 minutes.
2. Sauté the shallots in the butter until soft and golden. Stir in the cumin seeds, curry and mustard powder.
3. Add the mustard seeds and heat for 1 minute. Add the cream, cheese and salt and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
4. Place the cauliflower on a greased baking tray. Cover with the sauce and top with the breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce and breadcrumbs are golden.
Cook’s note: Pierce the base of the cauliflower with a knife before blanching. This will help cook the stem right through.