- 3 T oil
- 100 g red and yellow peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 T medium curry powder
- 1 T paprika
- 410 g x 1 can baked beans
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 T sugar
1. Sauté the peppers, onion and carrot in the oil.
2. Add the curry powder and paprika and cook for 20 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add the baked beans and cook until warmed through. Season and add the sugar and cook for a further 15–20 minutes.
Photograph: Robbert Koene
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira