- 2 large brinjals
- 6–8 baby brinjals
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 T tamari or soya sauce
- 2 T honey
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1 t sesame oil
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 5 cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- egg noodles, cooked, for serving
- 2 t coriander, chopped, for serving
- chilli, sliced, for serving
- roasted cashews, chopped, for sprinkling
- Ingredients aren't specified.
Cook the brinjals over an open flame on a gas stove or braai until blistered and starting to split. Place on a baking tray and set aside to cool, then brush off any ash.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Drizzle the brinjals with olive oil and 3 T tamari or soya, then roast for 10 minutes.
Whisk the remaining tamari or soya, honey, fish sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and zest, garlic and ginger.
While the brinjals are still hot, split with a knife and drizzle over the dressing. Serve with the noodles, coriander, chilli and cashews.