- For the dressing:
- 1⁄4 cup vino cotto
- 1⁄4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 dried figs, chopped
- 100 g sultanas or cranberries
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the salad:
- 700 g cauliflower florets
- 3 t olive oil
- 1 bunch celery, chopped (with leaves)
- 100 g hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
- 30 g Italian parsley, chopped
Mix all the dressing ingredients and allow to stand for 1 hour.
Heat the oil in a cast-iron pot and char the cauliflower in batches, then place on a platter.
Add the celery, hazelnuts and parsley, and pour the dressing over just before serving.
Cook's note: Smoky cauliflower with nuts, dried fruit and celery is the perfect salad to serve with grilled fish, chicken or lamb.