- 2 large brinjals, sliced wafer thin
- 2 T olive oil, plus extra for rubbing
- 1 x 400 g can Italian whole cherry tomatoes
- 120 g polenta
- 1 T butter (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 large anchovy fillets
RUB the brinjal slices with a little olive oil.
CHARGRILL the brinjal slices on a very hot ridged pan until crisp on both sides.
WARM the tomatoes in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
BOIL 3 cups of water in a separate saucepan and slowly add the polenta.
WHISK the polenta until no lumps remain.
COOK for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little butter, if using, and season to taste.
COMBINE the parsley, anchovies, lemon juice and olive oil, using a pestle and mortar, until mixed.
SPOON the polenta into separate bowls and top with the warmed tomatoes and stacked brinjal chips.
DRIZZLE over with anchovy dressing, season and serve.