- 10 free-range eggs, separated
- 40 g blue cheese
- 60 g mature Cheddar, grated
- 60 g provolone, sliced
- 20 g chives, chopped
- 2 t hot English mustard
- 4 T cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Toss the cheeses, chives, mustard, cream and seasoning into the egg yolks and whisk. Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until just combined.
3. Heat a pan and add the olive oil. Gently spoon the fluffy egg mixture into the hot pan and cook over a medium heat until the bottom of the omelette is golden brown. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown on top. Serve with crispy bacon and more cheese if you desire.
Photograph: Willow Tucker