- 1 kg Kara orange and white sweet potatoes (use a combination)
- 3 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100 g onion
- 2 red peppers
- 200 g chorizo, sliced
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 x 250 g tub cream cheese
- 100 g white Cheddar, plus extra for topping
- Woolworths roasted red pepper pesto, for serving
- microherbs, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Halve the sweet potatoes lengthways, place on a baking tray, drizzle with 3 T olive oil and season. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Using a paring knife and a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the sweet potato, leaving behind a sturdy shell ready to be stuffed.
To make the filling, heat a pan and add a little olive oil. Fry the onion, red peppers, chorizo and oregano until caramelized.
Mix the cream cheese and half the grated Cheddar and empty the contents of the pan into the bowl. Using a spatula, combine thoroughly, adding the sweet potato flesh.
Spoon the cheesy mixture back into the sweet potato skins and top liberally with Cheddar. Return to the oven and grill until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
To serve, top with lashings of red pepper pesto and microherbs.