- For the cherry syrup:
- 400 g cherries, halved and stoned
- ½-1 cup water
- 2 T caster sugar
- cherry coolers
- 1.5 L Sparkling Rose Flavoured Spring Drink
- handful cherries, to garnish
- a few sprigs fresh thyme, to garnish
- For the Shirley Temple floats (cherry floats)
- 2 L Vanilla Flavoured Dairy Ice Cream
- handful cherries, halved, to garnish
- For the cherry poptails
- 6 x 200 ml cans Lemonade Sparkling Flavoured Drink
- 750 ml De-Alcoholised Sparkling Rosé
1 Place all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for 5–10 minutes, adding a little more water if necessary.
2 Allow to cool, then strain through a fine sieve over a jug. Mash the cherries in the sieve to get the most flavour and juice.
1. Cherry coolers
Pour 1 T cherry syrup into a small glass, top with crushed ice and fill with Woolworths’ rose-flavoured sparkling water. Garnish with fresh thyme and fresh cherries.
2. Shirley Temple floats (cherry floats)
Fill a large jug with scoops of vanilla ice cream. Pour 2–3 T cherry syrup over the ice cream. Add a few handfuls of halved fresh cherries to the jug and top with up sparkling lemonade to serve.
3. Cherry poptails
Place 1 t cherry syrup into each mould of a silicone ice tray or into popsicle moulds. Top with a few halved cherries and fill with water. Add ice cream sticks or skewers, then freeze to set. Serve in large glasses, top up with non-alcoholic sparkling rosé and garnish with fresh cherries.
Photography: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Hannah Lewry
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Gooderson
Woolworths' cherries are the perfect balance of sweet and juicy and are sourced from the best local farmers. Thanks to Woolworths' cold chain, they remain fresher for longer, even after you take them home. Woolworths is farming with tomorrow in mind. It promotes healthy soil and responsible water use. You can rest assured you’re buying quality produce that’s better for you and the planet. Woolworths' cherries are available in 200g, 500g and a new 1kg box of cherries.