- 130 g butter
- 165 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 T vanilla paste
- 3 free-range eggs
- 75 g flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 180 g almond flour
- 200 g cherries, pitted
- 3 T honey
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and lightly grease a 28 cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
2. Combine the butter, sugar, lemon zest, orange zest and vanilla paste in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix using the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure the previous egg is fully incorporated before adding the next one.
4. Sift together the flour and baking powder, then add to the mixture with the almond flour.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tart tin, top with the cherries and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush with the honey immediately.
Cook’s note: Replace the cherries with any other berry.