- For the pastry:
- 2 T caster sugar
- 1⁄2 t salt
- 160 g cake flour
- 120 g unsalted butter
- For the filling:
- 300 g unsalted butter
- 300 g caster sugar
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 t cake flour
- ½ lemon, zested
- 300 g almond flour
- 2 cups fresh cherries, stoned
1. To make the pastry, preheat the oven to 160°C. Stir the sugar and salt into the flour. Rub the butter into flour until a dough just starts to form.
2. Wrap in clingwrap and chill for at least an hour.
3. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to fit a 20 cm loose-bottomed tart case. Chill the dough in the tart case for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the tart case from the fridge, prick a few times using a fork and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
5. To make the filling, cream the butter and sugar until pale and doubled in size. Stir in the eggs one at a time. Fold in the flour, lemon zest and almond flour until just combined.
6. Spoon the filling into the tart case and top with cherries. Bake at 150°C for 40 minutes, or until the filling is set. Cool slightly, then remove from the tart case. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche.