- 400 g free-range skinless mini chicken breast fillets
- 2 T coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30 g butter
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 x 2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1 t garam masala
- ½ t chilli powder
- ½ t paprika
- 1 x 390 g box Woolworths crushed Italian tomatoes
- 200 g paneer, cubed
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cream
- salt, to taste
- lemon or lime juice a squeeze
- sugar. a pinch (if necessary)
- steamed basmati rice, for serving
- fresh coriander, to garnish
Briefly fry the chicken pieces in the hot coconut oil to seal and brown. When ready to turn, they will release easily from the pan. Remove and season lightly.
Add the butter to the same pan. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1–2 minutes. Mix in the ground coriander, garam masala, chilli powder, paprika and some salt. Add the crushed tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
Add the paneer, chicken and water and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the cream and simmer gently until it starts to boil. Add a squeeze of citrus and sugar if necessary. And more salt if needed.
Serve with the rice and garnish with coriander.