- 1 kg free-range chicken portions
- 2 -3 rosemary sprigs
- steamed green beans, for serving
- for the marinade, blend:
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t brown sugar
- 1 t salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- for the polenta:
- 4 cups water
- 1 - 1 1/2 t salt
- 170 g polenta
1. Marinate the chicken for a few hours, or overnight, turning once or twice.
2. To make the polenta, bring the water to the boil. Stir in the salt. Slowly whisk in the polenta until it thickens. Turn into an oiled baking dish just large enough to take the chicken.
3. Arrange the chicken on the polenta and pour over the marinade. Tuck in a few sprigs of rosemary. Bake at 200°C for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and nicely browned. Serve with the green beans.