- 1 x 8 pack Woolworths chicken burgers
- 200 g mozzarella, quartered
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 Woolworths hamburger rolls
- Italian salad leaves, for serving
- sour cream or mayonnaise, for serving
- spring onion, thinly sliced, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Take 2 burger patties and 1 piece of mozzarella and sandwich the cheese between the two patties, pinching it closed around the edges to make sure the burger is sealed. Repeat with the remaining patties and mozzarella.
2. Heat a cast-iron pan and add a splash of oil. Season the burgers on both sides and fry for 5 minutes on each side. Finish off in the oven for 10–15 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and the sauce to caramelise slightly.
3. Serve on the rolls, topped with the pineapple, salad leaves, sour cream or mayonnaise and spring onion.
Cook's note: Try glazing the burger patties in Woolworths’ BBQ basting before placing in the oven.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistants: Claire-ellen Van Rooyen and Kate Ferreira