- ½ loaf Woolworths buckwheat rye sourdough
- olive oil
- 4 whole cloves garlic
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 x 400 g packs Woolworths mini free-range chicken breasts
- 1 x 180 g bag Woolworths cos lettuce
- 1 x 180 g bag Woolworths Crunchita lettuce
- 6 free-range eggs
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 80 g Parmesan or hard cheese, grated
- For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic
- salt, to taste
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 4–6 anchovies, finely chopped
- 10 g fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- a squeeze lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces, then toss with the olive oil and garlic and season. Toast in the oven until golden and crunchy. Remove the garlic cloves, their flavour will have infused into the croutons in the oven. You can add a little of the roasted garlic to the dressing, if you like, or save and add to oil to make a garlic-infused oil.
2. Toss the chicken in olive oil and seasoning, then fry in batches for 5–10 minutes until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
3. Boil water, add the eggs and cook for 6 ½ to 7 minutes. Place in icy water for 2 minutes, then peel and slice in half.
4. To make the dressing, crush the garlic with a pinch of salt. Add the mustard and anchovies and combine, then fold through the dill, yoghurt and lemon juice.
5. Assemble the salad at the table starting with the lettuce, followed by the dressing, chicken, eggs, radishes and croutons. Finish with Parmesan to serve.
Videography: Xolisani Khumalo
Video editing: John Taylor