- 400 g (or 8) free-range deboned chicken drumsticks
- 125 ml organic liquid chicken stock
- 125 ml full fat cream
- Handful baby rocket
- 6 gem squash halves
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 2 T butter
- 1 T honey
- 125 ml tomato purée
- 7 sundried tomato quarters, in oil
- 1 packet Woolworths Tikka Masala Indian Curry Paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To serve:
- Fresh rocket
- Basmati rice or bread
1. Steam the gem squash for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through but still firm. While still hot, drizzle with honey and drop in some cubed butter. Set aside.
2. Prepare the rice, if serving with rice.
3. Heat a pot, then add butter, followed by the chicken. Cook, turning the pieces, until all sides are golden brown and well-sealed. Remove from the pan and chop into bite-sized pieces.
4. In the same pan add the onions and garlic, and sauté until soft and translucent. Add the sundried tomatoes as well as 2 teaspoons of the oil from the packet. Add the tomato puree and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and mix well. Return the chicken pieces to the pot and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the stock and cream and allow to simmer until the mixture is thick.
5. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Scoop generous spoons of curry into each of the gem squash halves.
7. Top with fresh rocket and serve with either basmati rice or bread.