There’s a new addition to Woolworths’ range of kebabs and espetadas – Turkish-inspired chicken doner kebabs. These kebabs are made with deboned chicken drumsticks that are seasoned and marinated in Middle Eastern spices, herbs and yoghurt. This ensures the chicken stays juicy and tender even after grilling. Fire up the braai, invite a few friends over and set the table for an unforgettable Turkish-inspired feast.
- 2 Woolworths chicken doner kebabs
- 1 red pepper, roasted, sliced
- 1 T oil
- 2 T butter
- 2 Woolworths Heat & Eat naan breads
- 1 Mediterranean cucumber, thinly sliced
- 80 g butter lettuce, shredded
- 60 g Woolworths pickled red onions petals
- 80 g hummus, for serving
- 2 T Woolworths coriander and roasted seed dukkah, for serving
- 4 T low-fat plain yoghurt, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c. Roast the kebabs for 25 minutes, or until caramelised. Set aside.
2. Rub the red pepper in the oil, then roast for 8–10 minutes, or until soft. Once cooked, place into a bowl and cover with clingwrap. Allow to steam, then remove the seeds and skin once cooled. Chop roughly.
3. Heat the butter in a pan over a medium heat, add 1 naan and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining naan.
4. To serve, spoon the cucumber, lettuce, pickled onion and red pepper onto the naan. Remove the chicken from the skewers and place on top. Top with the hummus, yoghurt and dukkah.
Photography: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Brita du Plessis
Food assistant: Josh van Zyl
Made from free-range, lean steak cuts, Woolworths' range of seasoned and marinated kebabs and espetadas are full of flavour and ready for a quick, anytime braai. If you don’t have time to light a fire, just get the stove going, cook as directed and serve with your side or salad of choice.