- 1 x 250 g tub Woolworths free-range chicken livers
- canola oil, for frying
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 1 t chilli, chopped
- 1 T Woolworths tomato-and-jalapeño relish
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Woolworths fresh free-range liquid chicken stock
- 1 t smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 x 250 g bag Woolworths Heat & Eat Golden Medley
- 6 Woolworths tortilla wraps
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 T Woolworths sriracha tangy mayonnaise
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
1. Make sure your veggies are sliced and ready before you start.
2. Heat a pan over the highest heat possible. Once hot, add about 3 T canola oil.
3. Add the livers, garlic and chilli to the pan and brown the livers well. Add the chicken stock, but only when the livers are a deep, dark brown colour. Simmer over a high heat until the stock has reduced to a thick sauce, about 15–25 minutes. Add the tomato relish and stir gently. Season with the salt, pepper and paprika, then remove from the heat.
4. Heat the Golden Medley in the microwave for 90 seconds. Heat the tortilla wraps for a few seconds, they should still be soft and pliable. Brush the wraps with a bit of the sour cream, then add a bit of each remaining ingredient to each wrap.
5. Wrap and fold each burrito, then stick a toothpick through each one to maintain its shape. You could wrap each one in wax paper and foil if you’ll be serving them later or on another day.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Production: Bianca Strydom
Food assistant: Gail Damon