- 600 g Woolworths chicken frikkadels
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T garlic, chopped
- 2 t fresh chilli, chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 x 500 ml cartons Woolworths organic chicken stock
- 200 g Woolworths rissoni
- 50 g Woolworths hard cheese, plus the rind
- 2 cups water
1. Fry the frikkadels in the olive oil in a large saucepan until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the garlic, chilli and spring onion to the pan and fry for 1–2 minutes. Remove half the mixture and set aside for garnishing.
3. Add the chicken stock to the pan, bring to the boil and add the rissoni and the hard cheese rind. Cook until the rissoni is tender, loosening with water if you want more of a broth or leave as is.
4. Return the chicken meatballs to the pan just before serving to warm through. Ladle into bowls and season to taste. Sprinkle with the cheese and top with the reserved spring onions.
Photograph: Andrea Van Der Spuy