- 4 free-range skinless chicken breasts (about 500 g)
- 1 extra-large free-range egg (if you want to double crumb, use a jumbo egg)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 80 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 T canola or olive oil
- 1 x 200 g sachet Woolworths Napoletana sauce
- 60 g Parmesan, grated
- 150 g mozzarella, shaved
- basil leaves, for sprinkling
- 350 g baby marrow spaghetti (or pasta 200 g)
- green salad, for serving
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Bash the chicken breasts to flatten evenly. Beat the egg with some seasoning. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into breadcrumbs. Fry in the oil for a few minutes on each side until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the chicken in the tray. Spoon over the Napoletana sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan and top with the mozzarella.
Bake for 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the chicken just cooked and moist.
Serve on vegetable spaghetti or regular pasta, with the salad on the side.
Cook's note: Make the crumbed fillets from scratch, top with ready-made Napoletana sauce and cheese, and this Italian-American favourite is on the table in under an hour.