- 30 ml Canola oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 l good-quality chicken stock
- 250 g baby bok choy
- 250 g rice noodles
- 60 ml sesame seeds
- Purple spring onions, thinly sliced for serving
- Micro coriander, to garnish
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Fresh ginger, 1 x 10 cm piece, sliced into matchsticks
- 60 ml sambal oelek, for serving
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Slice each chicken breast into 3 pieces and cook on both sides. Add the stock, bok choy and noodles and cook for 10 minutes.
Heat a pan over a medium heat and add the sesame seeds. Toss the seeds in the pan just until they darken slightly.
To serve, divide the noodles, bok choy and chicken between 4 bowls. Ladle over the chicken stock. Scatter over the toasted sesame seeds, spring onions, micro coriander, basil, mint and ginger. Serve the sambal oelek on the side.