- 400 g skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 250 ml water or white wine
- 10 ml vegetable-stock powder
- For the sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 ml wholegrain mustard
- 150 ml grapeseed or olive oil
- 60 g canned tuna, drained
- 30 ml baby capers
- 200 g fresh asparagus, sliced julienne
- 1 avocado, pipped and sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place the chicken, water or wine and stock in a deep saucepan. Poach until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add a little more water if necessary.
Remove the pan from heat and allow the chicken to cool in the water.
Combine the egg and mustard in a food processor for 2 to 3 turns. Keeping the motor running, add the oil drop by drop until emulsified.
Add the tuna, lemon juice and 15ml capers and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove the chicken from the stock and slice thinly. Place overlapping in the centres of 2 plates.
Spoon the sauce over generously and garnish with the remaining capers. Top with asparagus and avocado on the side. Season to taste.
Cook’s tip: The chicken and sauce can be prepared a day in advance and kept separately in the refrigerator.