- 45 g chives, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 x 400 g cans organic chickpeas
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 x 125 g buffalo mozzarella balls
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Using a blender, blend 30 g chopped chive with the olive oil. Remove and set aside.
Drain the chickpeas and rinse until the water runs clear, then add to a mixing bowl, along with the red onion, basil and remaining chive.
Toss to combine and serve with chunks of mozzarella, drizzled with the chive oil and lemon juice. Season to taste.
Cook’s tip: Serve on a large platter with a mixture of herbs and fresh leaves, and toss with toasted French-loaf croutons.
Per serving: 2542 kJ, 15.7 g protein, 49.5 g fat, 28.7 g carbs
Crisp celery, oniony chives and peppery radish … It’s not always easy to know how, or when, to use them. Why not try these refreshing ideas?