- 340 g dried chickpeas, cooked according to package instructions
- 30 g Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 x 100 g tubs Woolworths chargrilled marinated artichokes
- 1⁄2 cup Woolworths Mount Ceder extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
Place the chickpeas and parsley into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer toabowl.
Heat 1T olive oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the shallot, garlic and rosemary and cook until translucent. Add the artichokes and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Stir the artichokes, lemon juice and Mount Ceder olive oil into the chickpeas and season to taste.
Cook's note: You can use canned chickpeas for this dip, but the dried variety will give you so much more flavour.
Serve this dip warm in stead of mashed potatoes. You could also use cannellini beans instead of chickpeas.