- 1 x 1 kg pack Woolworths prepared pumpkin or butternut
- 2 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup canola oil, for frying
- 1 x 400 g sachet Woolworths korma cook-in sauce
- 4 Woolworths fresh butter rotis, warmed, for serving
- red onion, to garnish
- mint, to garnish
- parsley, to garnish
- For the chickpea koftas:
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 g Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 t ground cumin
- ½ t salt
- 55 g flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Arrange the pumpkin or butternut on a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season, then roast for 45 minutes.
2. To make the chickpea koftas, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until combined but not smooth. The mixture should hold together.
3. Heat the canola oil. Using a spoon, make 12 small balls and fry for 3 minutes, or until brown and cooked through. If the oil is too hot and the koftas are browning too quickly but are raw inside, place on a baking tray and into the oven for 5–10 minutes.
4. Heat the korma sauce in a pan, then thin it down slightly with boiling water if necessary. Serve hot spooned over the roast pumpkin or butternut, with the chickpea koftas and rotis. Top with red onion, mint and parsley and season to taste.
Photographs: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira