- 4 large free-range eggs
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50 g flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 t smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 free-range egg white, beaten
- 80 g breadcrumbs
- oil, for frying
1. Boil the eggs for 6 minutes. Allow to cool in iced water, then gently peel and leave in the water until ready to assemble.
2. Blend the chickpeas, onion and garlic in a blender until a paste forms. Season, add the lemon zest and paprika.
3. Lightly dust the eggs in flour, then cover the egg with the chickpea paste. Coat each egg in flour again and dip in the egg white, then roll in the breadcrumbs and repeat once more to double crumb. Fry until golden.