- 2 cups organic beetroot juice
- 2 cups organic apple juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ice, for serving
- 1 organic apple, peeled and grated, for serving
- chives, chopped, for garnishing (optional)
Mix together the beetroot and apple juices. Add the lemon juice and season. Refrigerate.
Distribute the ice among your serving cups or glasses and ladle over the chilled soup. Add the grated apple, and chive, if using.
Cook’s notes: Add a few drops of lemon juice to the grated apple to prevent it from browning. As a tasty alternative, serve this soup ice cold, with hot, steamed organic baby potatoes in deep bowls, scattered with chive.
Per serving: 432 kJ, 1.1 g protein, 0.2 g fat, 25.4 g carbs
Keep a jug of this wonderfully refreshing soup in the fridge, ready to pour over ice.