- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large leek, rinsed and chopped
- A large sprig thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup pouring cream
- 2 t vermouth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Ground nutmeg, to taste
- 12 langoustines
- Lemon juice, for drizzling
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Vegetable sprouts or watercress, to garnish
In a saucepan over a high heat, boil the potato and leek with the thyme, white wine and stock until the vegetables are soft. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the cream, vermouth, seasoning and ground nutmeg to taste.
Chill. Meanwhile, steam the langoustines until opaque in colour, then allow to cool. Peel and dress with a little lemon juice and olive oil. Serve alongside the chilled soup and dress with sprouts or watercress.
Cook’s notes: Serve with vermouth on ice.