- 1 kg Woolworths frozen mashed potatoes
- butter, for mash
- milk, for mash
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 t chilli flakes
- 1 -2 t smoked paprika
- 100 g butter
- 1x 500 g kingklip fillet
- olive oil, a drizzle
- grated Parmesan, a handful
1. Cook the frozen mashed potatoes according to package instructions using butter and milk.
2. Gently fry the crushed garlic, chilli flakes and smoked paprika in 100 g butter for 2 minutes or until caramelised.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Divide the kingklip fillet into 4 equal portions and season both sides. Heat an ovenproof pan until very hot, drizzle with olive oil and place the fish in the pan skin-side down. Fry until the skin is nice and crispy and the fish releases from the pan.
4. Turn over, add half of the flavoured butter and a handful grated Parmesan. Roast for 5 minutes or until cooked through, then remove from the heat
5. Serve with the pan juices, mashed potato and and remaining butter.
Photograph: Robbert Koene