- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ground fennel powder
- 2 Cobs Woolworths Fresh Sweetcorn
- 1/2 a cup Woolworths Grated Gouda/Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Large onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Woolworths Free Range Large eggs
- 1/4 cup Woolworths Mediterranean Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 Fresh green chillies
- 1 and 1/4 cups Woolworths Cake Wheat Flour
- Ingredients aren't specified.
Dry Ingredients- Sift together all dry ingredients, including flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, sugar, black pepper and fennel powder.
Wet Ingredients- Lightly beat the eggs, and mix the rest of the wet, including milk, oil, melted butter (slightly cooled), together.
Flavours Ingredients-Mix together the finely chopped onion, green chillies (de-seeded), sweetcorn and cheese together.
METHOD:Add all the flavours ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently mix together. Now slowly add the dry ingredients to that mixture a little at a time until fully incorporated. Use a wooden spoon mixing very lightly and gently into a thick batter consistency. Line muffin tray with paper cup holders and fill 3/4 way up. Gently tap the tray onto a hard surface to release any air bubbles before putting into the oven.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Bake muffins at 180 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes, until fully cooked and a palatable golden brown in colour.
SERVE: Serve warm. Delicious on its own or with cheese and butter. Goes fantastically well with a cup of earl grey tea.